Friday, November 13, 2009

When Life Gives You...

Today, I stopped at a store for something. When I came back to my car, I noticed that someone had spit their gum out onto my car door. I know- so gross. Not to mention rude. I manage to get it flicked off without any harm, and went along my way. It bothered me until I got to my next stop, the grocery store. As I was walking closer to the front door, I heard that first sign of the holiday season: a bell ringing, and a man standing next to a red bucket. And then I knew that, however strange, me giving a dollar would make me feel better about the gum situation.

Isn't that just a little crazy? How sometimes the best way for us to feel better about something that has happened to us is to just open our hearts a little more? It doesn't seem like it would be a logical solution. But I did feel lighter on my feet. As if, even though there was some jerk out in the world spitting gum onto cars, I was still doing my part to make the world a bit brighter.

And that is what really matters. : )



No comments:

Post a Comment