Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rain

Tonight, it is raining. Finally.

For the past two days, we've suffered a useless cloudy sky. It did nothing but look gray and keep the sun hidden, although it at times looked heavy with rain. But not until about an hour ago did it do anything except hang over our heads.

This is slight whiplash from Ida, I suppose. A storm that, even though I'm in Florida, hasn't cause much of a fuss. I guess she (He? What's an Ida, anyway?)isn't strong enough to do too much...hopefully. No one wants a messy storm, that's for sure.

Isn't the sound of rain lovely? It so pretty, and soothing to my ears. It helps me sleep somehow. Perhaps because if its raining outside, we should all theoretically be inside warm and cozy. When the hubby and I lived in our old apartment, we'd hear the frogs come out and play in the giant pool of rain water that would form behind our building. Knowing that the frogs were out playing in the rain, having a grand time, was also strangely comforting.

How does the rain make you feel, readers?


1 comment:

  1. Rain makes me happy too. I remember when I was little, how my friends and I loved to jump in the huge puddles.

    ReplyDelete