Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tidbit

This morning, Monkey woke up just before 6. That’s usual. What was unusual was that he didn’t want to run around and play immediately. He wanted to cuddle.

His new thing that he’s picked up from me is “rock-a-bye'”. He has a glider chair in his room for us to rock him in on those few rough nights. And I always say, “Do you want to rock-a-bye?” So apparently he’s caught on. This morning, after I changed him, he pointed to the chair and said, “Bye? Bye?” So we rock-a-byed for a bit.

It was so wonderful. Its so good to have those few moments when a kid wants nothing in the world but you. Its magical and makes you feel like you are the most important person in the universe.

After a bit, he sat up and began to tickle my face with his little fingers (well, I had slowly begun to doze off! Rock-a-bye works on moms, too!). But those five minutes of quiet and just the feel of our hearts beating together were priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment