Saturday, November 28, 2009

Balmy

 

It is a chilly 48 degrees this morning in Orlando, FL. I know that doesn’t sound very chilly- my home town takes that as a nice high for the day this time of year. But to us, who are accustomed to spending the summer sweating our tushies off, it is definitely a bit nippy.

I gotta say, I do like it. As long as it doesn’t get any colder. ; ) But especially this time of year, its tough to celebrate Christmas when Santa is wearing a Hawaiian print shirt and flip flops. It just doesn’t have the same vibe for some reason…

Christmastime now is a LOT different from when I was a kid. Even back in MT, its just not as snowy/cold as it once was. I guess because of climate change, El Nino, whatever. I don’t keep track of what all we have done to screw that up! At any rate, its different.

The hubs and I watch football, a lot, obviously. Recently, he commented on how all the teams were so into wearing their old throwback jerseys- the ones from the 80s, 70s, and beyond. And he wondered why. I thought it was pretty simple: things were seemingly better then. Maybe we didn’t think so at the time, but they were. They were simpler in so many ways. We actually paid attention to one another. We didn’t use, say, Internet blogs to keep tabs on one another (not to dog this addiction of mine!!). I think we just miss what  used to be. We’ve gone too far; we didn’t know when to leave well enough alone. And we should have.

I’m not quite sure I got from the weather to throwback football jerseys…that might be a new record for world’s most random blog stretch. HA. I guess that’s what happens when you just let the thoughts type themselves out. Sometimes its good to do, even though you feel like you’re on something when you go back to read it.

Just like this entry. :  )

1 comment:

  1. I agree. We just got our tree & the BF made a comment about the weather being almost 80 & it not helping our christmas spirit! I forget what simple is like.

    ReplyDelete