Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Blog #1: White Christmas

Well, here we go. 25 days of Christmas-themed blogs. Are we ready?

My first Christmas with my hubby was before we were married. I was about 8.5 months pregnant. I know, scandalous. We lived in a little apartment then, cozy but nice. For that point of my life, I was happier than I ever had been.

One evening before Christmas, Hubby put on “White Christmas”. I’d never seen it; in fact, I thought it was only a song. I’m thankful for a hubby that is man enough to love musicals.

That said, “White Christmas” is definitely one of those sappy, feel good musicals. It really takes you back to simpler, more romantic times. Its got great music, good dancing, and some funny lines as well. And Bing Cosby’s voice is incredible. Not to mention Rosemary Clooney.

More important, it is now a tradition. Its part of our family life. It is something that the hubby and I will have to share and be “ours” forever.

And I love that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment