Sunday, November 8, 2009

Journal-crazy

I am what some may call a journal ho. I have tons of them from over the years. And once I fill one up, even though its possibly useless, I cannot bring myself to throwing it out. It's like tossing out a chapter of my life. So I have them tucked away in all sorts of nooks and crannies of my house. From time to time I read over them again, reminding myself of the path I took to get me where I am today.



This journal, however, is different. Instead of my own random scribbles, it is filled with quotes. Famous quotes, funny quotes, serious and thoughtful and sad and happy and hopeful quotes. I started it in high school, and even though it probably sounds a little crazy, filling it up was a little bit theraputic for me. There were times that I would feel the need to write, but couldn't think of anything good to write about, so I would write out quotes that I loved to get the creative juices flowing.



And taped on the inside cover:














That's right. Fortune cookie fortunes. Obsessive? Possibly. : ) Also, a p
icture of Marilyn Monroe- which I have yet to blog about, for fear that people will also think that is obsessive.

A few of my favorite quotes from my journal:

* It's not the fall, it's the sudden stop. ~ Bazooka Gum Wrapper

* Faith is like electricity. You can't see it, but you can see the light. ~ Anonymous

* Keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away. ~ Anonymous

* Nothing in life is absolute...except vodka. ~ Mick Jagger

* Know what's wrong with always looking before you leap? You hardly ever make the jump. ~ Nora Roberts, Key of Light

* It's life, Sidda. You just climb on the beast and ride. ~ Vivi Abbott, Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment