Thursday, November 12, 2009

Free Play Day!!

It doesn't happen often when you're an adult. A day that everything just seems to fall into place, and by place I mean completely out of your way so you can have a free day. It's like some sort of weird karma that you aren't sure you should trust, but can't help but just running with it.

This morning, I drove the Monkey to daycare. On my way back to go to work, my boss called. She said the power was out at work and to not come in. Turns out our transformer, that powers pretty much everything, blew up in the middle of the night, and it would take almost all day to get it fixed. Um, yeah. I can't lie- there was o
nly about 1.9% of me saying "oh work is going to pile up and it's not going to get done!" The rest of me was saying "SWEEEEEEEEET!" I know. Mature.

So, the BFF (who conveniently works in the office next to me) and I took the day and used it wisely. We did what any other mature set of best friends would do.

We went to Disney World. : )


in line for The Haunted Mansion; ooooh, spooky!

It was the best day to go. It was cool, about 60, and cloud
y; when we first got to Magic Kingdom it was misting a little bit. There weren't many people there. We walked right on to everything. For lunch we went over to Disney-Hollywood Studios and ate at Mama Melrose- yummy Italian food! And we rode Tower of Terror twice. Then we both went home and took naps!



The Tower of Terror looming in the distance


So maybe it wasn't a very productive day. But it was certainly fun, and a nice little escape from reality- if only for a day.


1 comment:

  1. How awesome! LUCKY ladies! =D That kind of day is on my wish list! All day Power outage!

    ReplyDelete