Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Magical Time

Last night, we went to the Disney-Hollywood Studios, for a little early Christmas cheer. It has become tradition to go and see the Dancing Lights on the Streets of America. They are incredible, and just magical and beautiful enough to make me teary eyed. I know, what DOESN'T make me teary eyed?? Seriously.



I was really eager for the Monkey to see them again this year. Last year he wasn't quite a year old yet, so he was still kind of....oblivious, I guess you could say. : ) But this year he's almost two, and he loves lights and music, so I thought this would be like a dream come true for him. Right???



Wellllll...kind of. He actually was a bit bratty. I think because we wouldn't let him run wild. We either held on to him, or kept him in his stroller. I could just see him running off to unplug all the lights...although that would make for a hilarious blog story. But...I digress. He didn't really get into it until Carol of the Bells by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra came on. Then he was hooked. He clapped, he bobbed his head, he was transfixed on watching the lights, and was completely in awe of the "snow" that fell. Success. : )




We also rode Star Tours, got pictures with Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story, and feasted on delicious Disney fast food (what??). The Monkey also got some treats: A new tee shirt, a stuffed Lightening McQueen, and a Mickey Pirate cup.


Its always kind of surreal going back to that park as a guest. It was where I worked when I was on the Disney College Program, and whenever I'm wandering through one of the stores I worked at, its just...a little errie. Last night, right before we left the park, the hubs and I hugged. We were standing right by Oscar's, where they rent the strollers and wheelchairs- another place I worked. It was strange to think that 5 years ago I was standing there as a dim-witted 20 year old, making eyes at someone who wouldn't end up being part of my future, no matter how badly I wanted him to be at that point in time.

Funny how life just seems to work out when you just sit back and let it do its thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment