Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year

 

New Years always finds me in a melancholy mood. I’ve never been able to figure out why. Maybe because for a few years I always wanted someone to spend it with, and it never seemed to work out, so now its in my system to just feel blue no matter what. I know, that sounds ridiculous. And honestly, I don’t think that’s the answer. Because I’ve felt this way even before I was old enough to care about being alone or not on New Years.

I think my mind just ends up focusing on it being the end of something, as opposed to a new beginning. I also think that after New Years, its my birthday, and then I feel like the holidays are really over. Now I can stretch it out a bit longer, since the Monkey’s birthday is on January 8th (he’ll be TWO!!). Still, the end of another holiday season is never fun. I hate taking down the Christmas decorations. I hate the end of fun, family, presents and tinsel. And when I lived in Montana, I hated that never ending winter that had somehow lost its white sparkly charm, and had traded that in for dingy old snow that made a mess of everything.

Still, I try to focus on the positive. This year, especially. I have so many things that are good in my life, and so many upcoming opportunities this year that are promising. I just need to remember to enjoy what I have now, and even though the future is not a guarantee, it is always something to hope for.

Happy 2010, all. See ya next year. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment