Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Blog #18: Football, baby!

 

Football is tradition to me. I grew up watching pro football on TV with my father, and have always loved it. I love the game, and I loved bonding with my father over it. Now that I’m married, its something my hubby and I bond over as well. : ) For the holidays, its even more of a tradition. Its right up there with turkey, pumpkin pie, and candy canes.

Because of my brief stint in college, I am a die-hard Montana Grizzlies fan. I bleed silver and maroon. And tonight, I am watching them on ESPN- one of the two times I really can in the year, assuming we make play offs all the way up to the championship. Since we are such a small school, we just don’t get the attention that some others do. Which…is alright. No, it sucks, because we’re good. We deserve attention and opportunities and credit. We on playing for a perfect season tonight. Most teams that play like that get fawned over. We get a pat on the head and sent back home to our frigid snow banks.

But I’m not bitter. Because all us MT folk know the truth. We are tough, and we can take any of your Gators, your Red Knights, your Crimson Tide, any day. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment