Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Blog #14: Its A Wonderful Life

 

Like “White Christmas”, I hadn’t seen “Its a Wonderful Life” before the hubby came along. I know, I’m lame. I’m not sure why I’d never seen it. It just never happened.

To the hubby, its a very special movie. He had a moment in his life when he was younger where he felt unnecessary, worthless, and not wanting to keep fighting the good fight, just like George. At that point his mother sat him down and had him watch “Its A Wonderful Life”. It was a really eye opening message for him. He realized that life was worth living, and that he was worth having around.

I think we all have those moments that we feel like we have no purpose. I know I have. When I was a sophomore in high school I had a time that was pretty dark and depressing. In the midst of that, I got in a nasty wreck that totaled my truck. I walked away with two black eyes and a few stitches. I have a scar on my face from it, and it reminds me to never give up on life, even if I feel at times that it has given up on me.

Now, our tradition is to watch “It’s A Wonderful Life” every December 13th, just like the Hubs did on that first night that his mother sat him down to watch it years ago.

I like to think it keeps us both in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment