Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Blog #7: Cookies

The Monkey and I woke up early this morning, so we decided to get our grocery shopping done early. I’m bizarre because I actually really enjoy going grocery shopping. I don’t know why. I think there’s some weirdly domestic part of me that gets a kick out of shopping with my kid in the cart. Either way, I always look forward to shopping every Saturday with Monkey.

We found oodles of deals today, too! Which is always great. Once in a blue moon the store seems to put everything you need on sale. Then it feels like its meant to be. : )

Our afternoon plan was to bake cookies- after naptime, of course. Since Monkey is almost two, he’s more and more interactive, and always wants to help, so I thought cookie decorating would be fun. And I *promised* myself that I wouldn’t flip out over the mess that would be made. : )

We had a blast! We made sugar and gingerbread cookies. I cut them out with our little cookie cutters, and then Monkey sprinkled them. He had a great time taking his sprinkle job very seriously, and was very upset when I said it was time to stop so we could put the cookies in the oven to bake. Oops!

Still, they turned out great. We are a good team- aside from the temper tantrums! It was a great way to spend a Christmassy afternoon.



1 comment: