Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Blog #10: Feeling Blue?

Sometimes, even in the midst of a joyous season, the blues find you. Even me, the girl who loves Christmas so much that she struggles to not put her tree up before Thanksgiving. Those sad moments still sneak up on me.

It could be for a million different reasons: maybe you remember all the people that aren’t here to celebrate Christmas with us anymore. Maybe the stress of buying presents, getting party food ready, and making sure everything is perfect, gets to your head. And maybe you just don’t have a reason.

Yesterday, the blues got me. I got home before the boys, and the house was quiet,except for the sadness that suddenly overwhelmed me. I thought of my grandpa, who never liked Christmas to begin with, but he was always a part of mine, so of course I miss him now that he’s gone. I thought of one of my oldest friends who I’d known since kindergarten, who past away a year ago now. I thought of yet again not spending the holidays with my family back home.

So what do you do? How do you get rid of those nasty blues? I think we all have our own little ways of cheering ourselves up. My cure last night was watching A Charlie Brown Christmas and drinking hot cocoa with my hubby. I guess the best cure in general is to remember the good things in life.

But really, hot cocoa almost always does the trick. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment