Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year, New Age, New Adventures

That’s right, everyone! It’s my Happy Birthday!

Everyone has always been sympathetic towards me about my birthday being so close to Christmas. But, really, I don’t mind it too much. It just adds to the magic of the season for me. Plus, I like the idea of starting the New Year at a new age. It really brings home the sense of clean slate.

I also have a total princess complex on my birthday. I kind of want the world to revolve around me, if for just this day. I know. Annoying and spoiled. I can’t help it. I don’t mind a restaurant full of people singing happy birthday to me. I don’t get embarrassed. I enjoy every moment of it.

This year, I seem to be missing something, My BFF is still out of town, all my other friends here are busy, and the hubby has to work. So…the Monkey and I went to Downtown Disney and had ice cream for breakfast. Yep. Don’t think I’m gonna sulk on my birthday!!

We had a great time. We pigged out on ice cream, and then wandered around, looking at the water and the boats and the shops. It was one of the best birthdays I’ve ever had. And I do believe it will be a new tradition.


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!! That sound like an awesome time =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! Jan. 2 is my birthday too! I completely get what you mean about people always assuming it's awful to have a birthday so close to the holidays... to me, it just means the holiday season isn't officially over until the day after my birthday :) Plus, in grade school, I always had the day off since we never went back until the third lol.

    Ice cream for breakfast sounds like a fabulous new tradition, by the way!

    ReplyDelete