Saturday, January 16, 2010

I’m Here!!

Oh, my poor readers…are you out there?

I know I’ve been MIA the past…few…weeks? Yeesh! Let’s just say, this new year got off to a crazy start. Up until about three days ago, I was still celebrating. That’s what happens when you have your birthday right after new year’s, and then the Monkey’s right after that!

But all is well and I’m looking forward to the New Year. I hope you all are, too!

I am jumping on the bandwagon of New Year, New Goals. Only we started that a few weeks late. Like I said, its tough when we have birthdays that seem to continue the holiday season. Especially when we have parents/grandparents visiting that want to celebrate! : ) But, now, all festivities are over, and I’m cracking the health whip. Yes, me. The girl who used to eat frosting by the spoonful on very blue days (shhh!). I guess apparently that’s not very good for you, because I have yet to find that as a healthy suggestion.

*sigh*

My basis is Jessica Seinfeld’s cookbook, Deceptively Delicious, which I think I’ve discussed before. She purees veggies and then puts them in classic recipes, so while her family thinks “Yum! Chicken nuggets!” they are actually also getting a serving of broccoli. Yeah, clever little lady!


We are on our third day in the health kick. I’m not being a total Nazi about it: the hubs can still have his Diet Coke, and our food is still yummy (mostly…I’m still mastering the art of cooking, okay?), but the majority of what we eat is better for us, if not containing a fruit or veggie.


I’ve also invested in some 5 pound weights and a jump rope. Its serious, people.

Look. I’m not a health nut. I have been craving frosting and coffee and cheetos for three days now. And I really don’t think its going to get easier. However, I also look at myself in the mirror and think…oops! So. Its one or the other. Frosting or health, and a hopefully better looking body. I’m only 26, I can’t use age as an excuse yet. ; ) When I’m 80, I’ll let myself go and wander the streets in my muumuu. Until then, I think I should at least try to look nice and feel good…right?

Wish me luck. ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment