Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday Tune

Okay, really, I'm not depressed. I promise. I'm actually a fairly happy, near-bubbly person. Well...maybe not bubbly. But definitely optimistic. Bright eyed.

But, still, I guess most of my favorite songs really are sad. I guess they just hit me deeper or something. I apologize.

The actual song I wanted to showcase today was a very happy song, very lovey. But since its from Sister Hazel's new album, Release, that's been out maybe a week, its not on my Songza site yet. So we have to go with an oldie but a goodie from them.

Sister Hazel is sooooooo great. (Insert me gushing here) They sound amazing, and their lyrics are nothing short of magical. They are horribly under-rated in my opinion. Which, in this blog, is all that matters. HA, kidding. Kind of. ; )

Champagne High sounds fun, right? Bubbly and light and effervescent. After all, we usually drink champagne to celebrate, to toast, to congratulate. However, our clever little band showcased today has keenly used one of my favorite things in life, irony, to make an incredibly beautiful, yet sad, song. A song about lost opportunities, and having to let go of someone who is no longer ours. Letting go and actually moving on from them, with your own life. One of life's most real moments is when you realize you are in the wrong place, with the wrong person, and while you know you have to let go, you find your shoes filled with cement and your heart stuck in place. At that point, I believe the only thing left to do is to turn around and leave.

And, maybe, drink a little champagne. : )


I highly recommend Sister Hazel's new CD...and when you do check it out, listen to Track 9, One Life. THAT was my original song for today's blog...its quite the beautiful love song.


Happy Tuesday, ya'll. And I will get started NOW for next Tuesday, and I promise to come up with a HAPPY song!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment