Monday, August 17, 2009

Irony




I don't know about ya'll, but it seems as if my life really runs on irony.


Ever since I wrote that silly entry about my MIA fortune cookie fortunes, I have been wondering where the heck they are. I thought maybe, as I said, that I had a non-pack rattish moment and tossed them out. But, really, that doesn't sound like me. As my mother says, I still have gum wrappers from the 7th grade (hey, when a boy gives you gum in 7th grade, you cherish that moment forever). So I've been pondering their whereabouts for quite awhile now. Because I apparently have nothing else going on in my life.

Uh-huh.


SO! This past weekend, the little Monkey and I were shuffling through an old plastic tote I've had since my brief walk-on-by moment at college. It's are full of what some people may brush off as crap. To me, however, the stuff in that tote very nearly define me as a person. I have all my writings from Creative Writing class in high school; I have collages I made for my dorm room; I have cards, letters, notes from random people; my harmonica that my grandpa gave me (that I "played" for the Monkey and he was delighted); AND...at the very bottom, scattered as if on the breeze, were my fortunes!!!! Oodles of them!! Oh, happy day. Mystery solved. And, HA- I'm still a pack rat. For a moment there I thought I was losing my self image. Scary.


Then, tonight, as I sat down at the computer to do my online routine (email, Facebook, Blogger), I glanced at my Bible (which we all know I've also blogged about). For whatever reason, I flipped open the front cover. There was a fortune taped inside!! It read:


"The opposite of fear is love."


Holy moly. Only I would tape a freakin' fortune cookie fortune in my Bible. I don't remember doing it, but...I must have. Right??



2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you found your fortunes. That's great! I'd love to read some of your creative writings from way back, unless their private.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, not private. I wrote them for class, so they aren't too insane (haha). Maybe I'll start posting them occasionally. : )

    ReplyDelete