Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Holy Punkin, Batman!!

So, to start with the back story, one day when I was at Lowe's with the hubby and the Monkey, we walked past a stand with little cups that came with punkin seeds (okay, I'm not stupid, I know its "pumpkin"...I've just started saying punkin a long time ago, and now...its all I say). They were I think 50 cents? Something. They were cheap. So I got one, thinking, hey, you never know. I could end up growing the biggest punkin in the world!

Suuuure....


That was...I think....June. We took our cup home, the Monkey and I planted the seeds just how the directions said to, and set it on the window sill in the kitchen. Everyday I would look, but there'd be nothing peaking out of the dirt. Nothing, nothing, nothing.


I think it was last week that the hubby picked the
cup up and kind of shook his head. I almost threw it away then, thinking that that was a 50 cents I'd never see again (oh, gosh, not really; I was just bummed that my punkin dreams had been dashed). But, being the pack rat that I am...I didn't. I couldn't let go. I wasn't ready.


And then........................last night...................I was standing at the sink, washing out the Monkey's sippy cups, when I glanced at the punkin cup and saw a small flash of green. I froze. Could it be? Had the punkin sprouted??


OH MY GOSH!!! It had!!! We have a little baby punkin sprout!! And even though I wasn't feeling well I couldn't help doing a happy punkin dance.


And now I am completely terrified. I don't know what to do. Well, I have to let it grow until it has leaves, and then transplant it. Transplant.....I'm not a freakin' surgeon!! So I'm scared. But, I guess we'll dance that dance when the music plays. For now, I'm just proud that we have a little baby plant.

I think the moral of this story is pretty clear today: Don't give up on the things you believe in!!!




1 comment: