Sunday, August 30, 2009

Treat


As children, we are prodded along with treats. "If you clean your room, you can have a treat". "If you're good, you can have a treat". "If you get straight A's, you can have a treat". I think that this whole being treated business follows us into adulthood. Or, maybe it just followed me.

I feel sometimes, when I've been "good", that I deserve a treat. And while I would love to just go spend my money on silly things like clothes and accessories- which I guarantee I would do if I was single and not a parent- I don't. Hardly ever. I don't remember the last time I'd gotten new clothes. Okay, that's a lie. I got a new dress in July. Still. That was over a month ago.

Um...can you tell I was just a tad spoiled when I was a kid? : ) Yeah.

Anyway, point being, I have felt like a good girl lately. I don't really know why...I have no solid proof. I don't even know what I define as "good" in this instance. I guess that I have resisted the urge to spend all our money on myself? HA. I am just so responsible! So this weekend, when the Monkey and I went on our weekly grocery shopping trip, I fell into temptation. First, I found a whole big display of scarves- the accessory type, not the bundle up for cold type. Now, I used to think that scarves were for old ladies (um, sorry), but either I have become an old lady, or I've just grown up, because I fell in LOVE with the whole display. After probably fifteen minutes of looking at every single one, I finally chose a black one with flecks of white, gray, gold, and silver. I figured it was the one that would go with much of my wardrobe! : ) THEN, I snuck around the clearance racks in the women's department and came up with two racer back tanks for $2 each. You can't beat that with a stick, frankly.

So. I got three treats this weekend, all for under $20. Maybe it's not that responsible, maybe its not even worth blogging about. But I do believe that we all need a treat once in awhile. And between my new tank tops, my new scarf, AND the new music I downloaded this weekend, I feel like a new woman!

Happy Sunday.


Just around the corner in every woman's mind - is a lovely dress, a wonderful suit, or entire costume which will make an enchanting new creature of her. ~Wilhela Cushman

1 comment: