Saturday, August 8, 2009

Peachy

Oh my goodness, my poor readers....You must have thought I was dead. Or ran away. Or finally bought my dream yacht and had sailed away.

I wish.

Noooooo, I am here, it was just a madness-filled week. I guess. Something seemed to come up every afternoon, keeping me from my computer and therefore, my blog. : ( That's what motherhood does sometimes, I guess!!

Anyway, HAPPY WEEKEND!! Yay! I love the weekend, as the general population does. My hubby also had today (Saturday) off, so I did get to spend a little family time with the boys, which is always nice.

So what did we do, you are all breathlessly asking?????


We went to the Farmer's Market!! I know, please, calm down. Actually, the Farmer's Market is one of those things I really love to do. I love being outside in the sunshine (and the bloody heat- my Lord it was hot today), I love packing up on fresh, decently priced produce, and I love getting the little Monkey out and about for a bit. Today was the first time we used his- ahem- kid leash in public. Okay, its not called a leash. Its called a kid buddy or some damn thing. But, really, I am more frank than that. Its a monkey backpack with a leash attached. I am aware. And I have had this inner battle for a looooong time now about whether or not its okay to get one. This is my mindset now: my kid is one and a half year's old. He's pretty cute (I'm not ashamed to admit it!!!), and he shows no fear. He's also pretty friendly. He's like his father- he knows no stranger. So in order for me to keep him close, and for both of us to keep our sanity (because he likes to walk, prefers it to riding in the stroller), it is my solution. *sigh* So there.

But I digress. So today I got tomatoes for my BFF because she loves them pretty much more than anything, strawberries because the Monkey loves them (as do the rest of us), and some peaches, because they sounded good. I love peaches, but rarely ever seem to pick good ones. Or, I should say, I always get them in the grocery store, where they are never ripe, or good in general. These peaches I got today were ripe, soft, sweet, perfect. My knife slid into them like butter. I popped a bite into my mouth and nearly swooned- it was so tasty!! I just love summer fruit!! And I now love our Winter Garden Farmer's Market even more. Yum yum yum.

Any favorite fruits you enjoy? Any great finds you've gotten at the Farmer's Market before??

No comments:

Post a Comment