Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Mooo-vay

Okay, lame. Mooo-vay. I apologize.


Anyway....the hubs, the BFF, and I were all supposed to go to the movies TONIGHT, to see The Goods (starring number one on my "list", Jeremy Piven- yes, he's kind of an idiot, but goodness does he look divine in a suit!!!!), buuuut due to financial issues, as well as the Monkey being sick, we are not. *sigh*


Soooo, what's plan B? Well, actually, its probably going to end up being PRE-SEASON FOOTBALL!!!! Please excuse me- I love football. And my hubby loves it, too, so our excitement kind of bounces off each other and it just gets ridiculous. But, again, as usual, I digress.




Aside from football, I have a few girl-like tendencies as well. Don't worry. ; ) This being one of them: Chick-flicks. At least good ones. I don't buy into all of them, but there's nothing nicer than curling up on the couch and watching something that gives you that warm, melted butter feeling inside. When a movie can do that and make you laugh- that's heaven for me. I like happy movies. I don't like death and killing and blood and gore and angry ghosts and murderers and aliens. Ugh. Give me Meg Ryan charming people with her quirky cuteness any day.

So, again, this movie is great for many reasons. One, its funny. Billy Crystal? Please. I have a weird semi-crush on him, only because he's so hilarious. I just love his line delivery. And, I admit, I always wanted to be like Meg Ryan (not the Meg Ryan now, who's trying to be this weird, sexy badass all the time- I don't get that Meg Ryan). I wanted her cute hair, her happy little nature, the way she gets faux-offended by all the leading men in her life because they can't understand why she orders food so strangely or why she has to be so adorably neurotic.

Then, of course, we have the story itself. Can men and women be just friends? Its a good question, I'd say, and its one I cannot fully answer. While I have had many great guy friends, I can't say that our friendships never had to dodge other emotions. I think almost all of them have. So, I do think its possible, but I also think that men and women are really from such different planets, that there has to be a good chemistry to work with. Maybe. Or the guy has to be gay. That definitely can work! : ) I also love the little interludes of couples being interviewed throughout the movie. So sweet seeing older couples together, and hearing how they'd been together forever. Its something we all wish for, isn't it?

And then there's our director, Mr. Rob Reiner, aka "Meathead". He's directed some excellent films over the years, including this one. And, for those young like me and didn't have parents that forced you to watch TV Land with them (haha), the "Meathead" nickname came from his "All in the Family" days. Good little show- YouTube it.


So there you have it, readers. My movie of the week. If I'm not watching football, I would want to be watching When Harry Met Sally. Enjoy your weekend!!! : )


No comments:

Post a Comment