Monday, October 5, 2009

Sleep

Okay, so first off, I want to apologize for the kind of dark, not so great, picture. : )

Now, this was just too cute not to blog about. My little Monkey Man is, nine times out of ten, awesome at bedtime. He has his bottle, and then I literally just put him to bed, wide awake, and he'll chill out and go to sleep with in 10-15 minutes. And for the most part, he's been like that since he was about 4 months old. Did I mention I love my child?

So, this night, Monkey apparently didn't think he was ready for bed. He has a little toy that plays lullabies and then a light show of flowers, moons, stars, etc on the ceiling. Needless to say, he loves it. He usually lays down to watch it, but I guess this night he just needed a better view. So he piled all of his little pillows together up in the corner of his crib for the perfec
t viewing spot. When I came to check on him, this is how I found him.


Is he clever or what? He had fallen asleep and just looked like an angel (from a mother's perspective, of course!). But I was just so impressed with his good idea. And it cracked me up, so I had to take a picture.

Isn't it funny how kids can teach us things? Even if they aren't our own children, they still
seem to have some insight to pass on to us adults. Whether it be creating the perfect little chair in their bed, noticing something completely random that our older and "wiser" brains skip over, or simply stopping you for a hug out of the blue, they just seem to know so much more. I've always thought that rather than getting smarter with age, we actually dumb down quite a bit. Sure, I can use a fork and knife; but Monkey can laugh at anything, and is amazing by everything. What I wouldn't give to have that back. We lose it as we get older; we need the biggest and best. When you're a child, you can play with the box a brand new toy came in and be entertained for hours.

I really do think I've got Monkey to keep me young. Even though it doesn't feel like that everyday! : ) But he reminds me to stop and smell the roses- and to enjoy the show as it plays out. And for that, I will always be thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment