Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Patch Revisited

Well, I promised, didn't I? I told the Monkey we would return to the punkin patch and purchase one for our very own.

I did better than that...we got FIVE!!
!







We immediately picked out three little ones (we've decided that one is for Monkey to keep, one is for me to take to work for a little seasonal cheer, and one is fo
r my BFF, who we lovingly call "Aunt Kelly"), out of a giant pile- although the pile had dwindled quite a bit from a week ago. Next we found a little red wagon to put our punkin findings in, and Monkey helped push it around while I spotted the best big punkins. We found two.

We immediately brought them all home to carve, and I was detirmined to also save some of the seeds to roast them. I think they turned out kind of cute! The Monkey wasn't in a model mood, apparently, because he wouldn't let me get any good shots of him with the punkins. He also was REALLY upset when I put them outside and made him stay inside. I know, horrible mother!!

The roasted seeds turned out awesome as well. A little salty (me and my infamous over-seasoning strikes again), but quite tasty nonetheless. : ) We are now officially ready for Halloween!

Now if Monkey will just wear his pirate costume without any tantrums........stay tuned. ; )


2 comments:

  1. How precious! The Boyfriend & I just got our pumpkins today too and carved them I am so embarrased to put the pics up they are far from cute! Anyway we tried lol Happy Halloween =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lot harder than I remembered!!!!

    I had those little stencils that you can use, but I was apparently in the mood to make an original. LOL

    Happy Halloween to you! : )

    ReplyDelete