Monday, October 5, 2009

I Make Myself Laugh

So I'm walking up the steps to our front door, coming home from work today, and I notice how cute the Monkey's new little art project is. And then the thought crosses my mind that, wow, I am just a great mom for coming up with these cute little ideas. And I'm horribly thrifty, because instead of buying decorations (are we sensing a deja vu' blog entry???), I have a good time making some with my little boy. Genius.

Well...okay, this is why its funny. Its construction paper that has been colored on by a 21 month old, that is then obscurely cut into pumpkin and leaf shapes and taped to the windows. Score! Its not fancy, its not cool, it kind of
actually looks a little silly to everyone else- I'm guessing. They don't light up, they don't make spooky noises, they don't give out candy, they don't even last that long in the windows because the Florida sunlight fades them pretty quick.

And yet, they are probably my favorite decorations ever. I think they are wonderful. And I will tuck them away for next year, and probably laugh about it then too. But so what? When I came home from work today, they made me smile.

That's what really matters. : )


1 comment:

  1. the fact that you and the little guy made them together will make them a treasure always. i think they look delightful and they make me smile as well!

    ReplyDelete