Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sky

Friday morning, I had to take Monkey to daycare. Usually, the hubby does this, because its on his way to work, but since he had to be up before the crack of dawn for a golf tournament he was organizing, the task fell on me.

I don't love taking Monkey to daycare. Its about a 40 minute drive- one way- and it means that we have to leave the house really early if I want to make it to work on time. Did I mention that I'm not a morning person???

But, we got up early, and were on the road by 6 AM. I got the Monkey to daycare, and when I left him there he g
ave me a very enthusiastic "bye-bye!" complete with a big wave. Glad he doesn't have clingy issues with his mother.

While I was on the drive back towards work, the sun began to rise. On this day, we were expecting rain and cooler temperatures.

This was what I saw out the window on my left:












And this is what was on my right:












Isn't the sky amazing? I know its something so simple and maybe silly to be in wonder by, but its just so beautiful. I've noticed more and more here that the sky is like a giant canvas that God just constantly creates the most beautiful masterpieces on. Some days its clear and pure blue, sometimes the afternoon sky will get black with angry clouds, and some sunsets create the prettiest combination of sorbet colors, of fiery pinks and oranges. But always, always its beautiful. And on mornings that I am not ready to be awake, they help me remember that life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment