Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bummed Much??

Alright, so, as a girl from Montana, I haven't been to many concerts. I think my first concert ever was Kathy Mattea- uh, yeah. I of course enjoyed it, but...yeah. In fact, I think I can list all my concerts on one hand: Kathy, Joe Diffie, Dan Seals, Bare Naked Ladies, Flogging Molly, B.B. King (okay, that one was pretty freakin' awesome), and my brief viewing of Jimmy Buffett @ the Monday Night Miami game. Alright, I guess that's a few more than a handful. And while I get that some people haven't been that fortunate, it's still kind of pitiful.

This summer I was planning to remedy that a bit. A bunch of friends, my hubby, and I were going to go see AEROSMITH, baby, for my mother's visit here. Yeah...well, the night before our concert, we found out they had cancelled the remainder of their tour. Stupid Steven Tyler and his old man hip, or whatever it was. *sigh* So, no concert. Strike one.

Rumor was that Jimmy was supposed to have a concert here in O-town sometime in November, but before they even began to sell tickets, the date was cancelled. Strike two.

THEN, my BFF and I were planning to go to the Blue October concert next Friday at the House of Blues- and we found out Thursday that the lead singer is in the hospital due to a severe anxiety attack, and that his doctors have forced them to cancel the entire tour. Strike three and I am OUT.

So...we have decided that, for now, we are just not meant to see any concerts. I had a friend suggest that we get tickets for a Kanye West concert, since if we are to send anyone to the hospital...oh, that's horrible. Delicious, but horrible. ; )

I guess for now I will have to be content with mix CDs, and me be-bopping in my car. Which, believe, me....I do! : )

A little more Blue October, in honor of Justin, and in hopes that he gets better soon!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment