Monday, October 26, 2009

A Guilt Update

Wellll, the friend emailed back. Upset. Of course. She cancelled her flight and hotel reservations. She made me feel guilty. She lectured a bit. But...well...I guess it was what had to be done. I feel bad for hurting her feelings; I actually do not feel bad for standing up for my viewpoint of things. I am a little proud of myself for not backing down. I wrote her back- and I don't think I even used the word sorry. More than twice. ; )

I guess we'll see. I may very well have ruined a friendship, and cut ties with someone who was near and dear to my heart for most of my life. But...I guess sometimes people change, ties break, and you just have to move on, rather than dwelling in the past when things seemed good still.



4 comments:

  1. Oh no I am sorry she didnt agree with your valid concerns & respect them! If the frienship is meant to be when the time is right she will come around. I am proud of you too!! Send of that my way =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to break the pushover habit!!! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I'm new to the story but it honestly seemed like she wanted a 'free' hotel out of you (somewhere to stay). That's crappy. You were completely in the right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you too! As someone who also has trouble with confrontation, I think you did the right thing. And I agree with Gabby. She e-mailed you out of the blue after not talking to you for the longest time needing a place to stay and transportation for a WEEK?? That's above and beyond. You did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete