Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Window

I think sometimes things just happen because they are meant to. Even really minor things.

A few nights ago, I had to open the windows of our house because there was smoke everywhere from the stupid stove, where I had spilled something on the burner, then forgot to clean it up right away...yada yada. Yuck. Anyway, I opened the blinds to open the large window that is right behind our computer desk. Later, when I went to put the blinds down again, I realized they were somehow stuck. Even the hubs couldn't fix them. We ended up just taking them down, because by that time we had both messed with them, and they were hanging
crooked and looked completely ridiculous.

So, now, our big window is wide open. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, for a few reasons. One, it faces our little backyard, which is only a small patch between the house and the garage. On either side of us is another townhouse, and there are privacy fences between us. Needless to say, I do not feel exposed, which is a big fear of mine and windows. If I was facing the street, I'd be completely paranoid- believe me. : )



And for the best reason....................the view. I get to see this big open mass of beautiful sky, and on nights like tonight it is amazing. I absolutely love a sky that is the color of cotton candy- that soft lovely blue and pink that must have the power to melt even the coldest of hearts. I love this dusky time of day as well. When I was younger, in my "wild days", it was about the time everyone would start heading out to go drinking, dancing, partying. It's the time of day that you can still see out, but the city lights all come on, beckoning you to come out and play. Now, I see this soft sky and can't help but feel at peace with the day that is coming to a close.

So, even though the hubby doesn't like it (he doesn't like being able to visibly see the thunderstorms, poor thing), I secretly enjoy my big open window of inspiration. I think in some small way, those pesky window blinds were a blessing in disguise. It's all in how you look at it, dear readers! : )



1 comment: