Saturday, September 5, 2009

Alive and Well!


Hello, dear readers...

I have not run away or fallen off the face of the Earth. I was sick all this past week with a nasty little cold and so I had very little energy to spend on anything other than work and taking care of the Monkey. But I am back and better than ever! Or......at least back. : ) Just in time for a three day weekend. Yay!

Today, the Monkey and I went to the Dollar Tree store. Now, I'm pretty sure that even if I were a millionaire, I would shop at the dollar store- at least for certain things. I believe there are just some things worth paying full price for (like a pregnancy test, which I saw today...really???), while others just aren't worth more than a dollar. Wrapping paper, for example. It gets ripped to shreds anyway, why spend a lot of money on something that just gets tossed?

Same thing goes with decorations. I love love love decorating for the seasons, especially now that I'm a mom and I want our house to always be festive for the Monkey, no matter what season we are in. But let's face it, decor is pricey most places. So instead of spending an arm and a leg on something I'm only going to have out for a few months of the year, I go to the dollar store and by garland, ribbon, and anything else I think is cute. Today, I got strands of faux fall-colored leaves and autumn-y ribbon to wrap around a very basic wreath I already had. See above- I think it turned out pretty cute! All for three bucks!

Fall is by far my favorite season. I love everything about it- the nip in the air (alright, not here in Florida, but in a lot of places), the leaves changing color, football season starting, kids back at school, pumpkins (my plant is flourishing, by the way!), hot apple cider, and the simple excitement of looking forward to the holiday season to come.

I hope ya'll have a good entry-to-fall weekend!!

2 comments: