Saturday, September 5, 2009

Make up Tune Day





One of the better feelings in the world is when you first meet someone that makes your heart flutter. They may or may not be "The One", but for that moment in time they consume you entirely. And between the obsessive heart flutters, breathtaking moments, and ignorance of the possibility that you may end up broken hearted, you completely lose yourself.

It's even better when you realize that the other person is equally lost in you. It doesn't happen often, so when the timing is just right, I think it is something to be celebrated.

When I met my husband, something just seemed to click, for both of us. It wasn't love at first sight, but from the moment I saw him, I knew there was something special about him, and that I wanted to be a part of it. Once we started dating, I never questioned anything. I let myself fall. I let myself get swept up in the rush of my heart beating, in our incredibly tender moments, and in his gorgeous hazel eyes. I never once looked back. Before that, I never had a relationship like that. I always looked back, I always thought and re-thought every move I made. And that never proved to work for me. But this time, this relationship, I didn't ever once feel it necessary to look back, to double check my footing. I just went with it. And I'm so thankful for that, because today I am married to the best guy ever.

Today, we've only been married just over a year, but we are as strong as ever. We aren't perfect; we still fight and get mad at one another and mess up. But we love each other, I believe unconditionally. At the end of the day, we both know our hearts are safe. And that is what really matters.

As for the song...first, India.Arie is one of my favorite artists. I can't believe I haven't picked one of her songs to blog about yet, honestly. She's amazing and inspirational. The first time I heard this song, my heart had intended it for someone else. Later down the road, after finding out that was a mistake, I saw my husband for the first time, and finally realized what the song was about. I seriously had a mental soundtrack moment and heard this song blaring (am I the only one that does that? Yes? Oh boy).

Oh, and honey...I am still, and always will be, interested. : )




1 comment: