Monday, September 7, 2009

Nature Walk




The Monkey's current favorite thing to do on the weekends is take walks around the neighborhood. The walks have steadily gotten longer and longer each time we go. I'm surprised that his little short legs can keep up! But I'm enjoying the fact of having a child who enjoys being outside- because I'm sure at some point he will be gobbled up with technology like the rest of youth and want to play video games inside 24 hours a day (not happening, btw).

What else always amazes me ab
out our walks is exactly what catches his attention. AKA: everything! It is so funny how kids soak everything in. Every car that passes by, he points to; every little lizard that skittered across the sidewalk, he stops and looks at; occasionally he would stop and brush his little hand across the blades of grass and giggle; when we walked to a little pond he kept saying "wa-wa, wa-wa". Everything is an adventure when you are a year and half.

I had to stop and take a picture of this leaf, the one resemblance of autumn. As I've said before, I love fall, and am disappointedd that we don't really get it in Florida (but I guess its a fair trade since I don't have to freeze my tush off in the winter!). So when this pretty multi-colored leaf caught my eye, I had to capture it.

Everything else was still in summer mode. Flowers, green grass, green, full trees, the hot air- although there was a little less humidity today, as well as a slight breeze that felt really nice. When it was time to turn back and go home- Monkey's cheeks were bright pink, and I was close to melting- Monkey stomped his feet and whimpered momentarily, but then picked up the pace at the promise of juice. : )

And another successful walk was complete.














No comments:

Post a Comment