Saturday, September 19, 2009

Song To Keep Your Strength Up

Well, its been a week. Between the hubby's car being in the shop, the Monkey being sick in the messiest of ways, and the lackluster of going to work, I was pretty much done with life early on.

Don't you hate that? Weeks or days that have just been so against you for no particular reason, and they are just so crappy that you just want them to be over with. But then you feel like you're wishing life away.

Last night, I was driving home late. I had gotten done with work early (yay!), but then spent the entire rest of the day getting hubby's car from the shop, paid for, and to his work so he could drive home. It doesn't sound like such a drama, but since everything was at least 45 minutes away from everywhere else, it took awhile. So, there I was, driving in the dark, the Monkey in the back seat passed out, and this song came on the radio.






I know this song, and I've always liked it (I'm a country music girl at heart...don't chide me for it!), but I'd never heard it on a day that I totally clicked with it. Until last night. Last night, it came on the radio, and I immediately cranked it up (a little...I mean, I didn't want to scare Monkey out of sleep), and jammed out to it. It lifted my spirits and reminded me that I'm not alone in my bad days, that there's always light at the end of the tunnel, as long as you keep on driving, pushing, fighting.

I know this sounds crazy, so I don't want to weird anyone out, but since I am a believer in God, I do think that sometimes He sends us little messages in everyday things. Like a song we needed to hear on the radio. Just a little sign that everything would be okay, and a little push to keep us going to where we need to be.

I hope you never lose sight of where you're going, and if you do, that you look for signs to get you back on track. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment