Saturday, September 26, 2009

Savannah Does Smile




I have finally found "THE" song for me and my hubby. Like I have said before, I am constantly looking for new music to feel and connect with, especially when I'm feeling a certain emotion that I myself cannot figure out. Also, I love the beginning- "you're cooler than the flip side of my pillow, that's right"- because we have a long-running inside joke about that. We're nerds, its alright. : )

>>> side note: Uncle Kracker sounds fabulous all happy and in love, doesn't he???? I totally buy it. I love it. : ) <<<

My relationship with my husband is...good. It always has been. I met him when I was still recovering from being busted up and broken by an idiot boy. For a long time I had felt numb, and because of that I was messing around with random guys just to see if I could possibly feel anything ever again. They were all making me lose hope.

One of the first few days of my new work in 2007 I saw a man that made my heart jump a little bit. I to this day cannot explain the perfect feeling he gave me. I never believed in love at first sight, but with him I dove right in without question. And I've never looked back. I didn't need to. Our first kiss told me everything I needed to know. We were both searching for somewhere safe for our hearts.

Our first fight happened just after we began dating. It was at his apartment, and I was crabby. He was changing and he said something that set me off, so I stormed out of the apartment, fuming for no good reason. He could have let me go and that would have been that. But he didn't. He tugged on a pair of pants and came running after me. Just like the movies. : ) And that was when I knew that he was a keeper. Its silly little things like that that make a girl know she's important.

When we were hit with the surprise of me getting prego, he was amazing. Supportive, loving, happy. He looked at me like I was all his and that he would take care of me. I never once questioned our relationship after that.

Today, we are struggling like the rest of America with work, money, life. But we always try to remember that, no matter how bad life gets, we still have each other to cling to. And we have each other to make us smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment