Monday, July 27, 2009

Sleepy Time

This morning's quick post is not even going to include a picture....because a picture of me sleeping would be creepy and bizzare. And no one wants to see that anyway.


That said, I need to do a quick ode to sleep, since its all that is on my mind this morning. Remember the old saying, we always want what we can't have? Well, last night I wanted sleep and I couldn't have it. Between Mark- my wonderful, handsome, fantastic Mark- snoring away in my ear, and Landon bouncing and yelling in his crib, I was doomed.


And so this morning I sit typing with dark circles under my eyes (cleverly disguised under make up, of course; I'm a tad vain and cannot lie about that!) and that "Do not talk to me, look at me, think about me, or I'll bite you" Look on my face. But really, I have that look on most Monday mornings. Who am I kidding- most MORNINGS.


So this is my lesson today. Yes, I lost sleep, and do not look or feel that great because of it. However, I have a feeling that someday, years down the road, I'm going to lay awake at night for no particular reason, and remember the times that I had rocked Landon in the middle of the night, and how he looked up at me with those big eyes. And I think I might just wish for those moments back. Like I said, we always want what we can't have. So...just enjoy it while you can. Even if it gives you circles under your eyes.

2 comments:

  1. That makes me think of the Trace Adkins song "You're Gonna Miss This." These are some good times, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rawr! ;) You are right, for sure.

    ReplyDelete