Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Number One Blessing

My boys, having silly time





Family is not an important thing, it's everything.

Michael J. Fox



I will never forget when I was in high school what one of my best friends, Joey, said to me. On a whim, I believe around college app time, he said "you'll be that girl who goes to college for something to do until you meet the guy you want to marry, then you'll just get married and have babies." At the time, I was horribly insulted, although I wasn't sure why. I suppose he meant it in a good way, as Joey usually did when he said matter-of-fact statements such as this one. But for whatever reason, I wanted to defend myself, to be determined that I would be much more.


Now, years later, I have yet to finish college (and do not know if I ever will, and am fairly content as I am now), I am married, and I have a beautiful toddler boy. And I can't imagine having or needing too much more. These two men are the biggest and greatest blessings I could ever hope for. In fact, they exceed my hopes outrageously. For them alone, I am so blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment