Friday, July 31, 2009

A New Day


I am a walking contradiction. But I am beginning to learn that this is not as uncommon as I once thought.

There is a part of me that hates mornings. When that alarm goes off, I have the moment of "UGH". And, frankly, its almost painful. My husband has learned to not mess with me until I've had my coffee. Last Christmas, we got up early and drove to his parent's house to spend the day. I hadn't had coffee before that drive- that was a huge mistake. Now he knows we don't leave the house without it. ; )

And yet.......while I'm not good at waking up, I do like the aspect of a new day. There's something wonderfully appealing about clean slate. Especially if the day before wasn't all you meant for it to be. You get to try it again today. You get that second chance.

Maybe that's why we have bad days in the first place. Without the bad days, how would we respect and cherish the good days when they come along?

How beautiful a day can be
When kindness touches it!
~George Elliston



Also, I'm coming up with a Friday tradition to start here @ Puddles, so check back this afternoon! : )




No comments:

Post a Comment