Thursday, July 30, 2009

Keep swimming


Generally, I am a pretty upbeat person. I try to be, anyway. I just think that it's a lot easier to be a happy person than a miserable one. It takes less energy! But, let's be realistic. Not every day is sunny and happy. Not everyday do we feel the urge to smile. There are those days when you wake up and immediately have the overwhelming urge to just pull the covers over your head and ignore the world. Today was kind of one of those days for me. Only I didn't pull the covers over my head. I got out of bed and struggled through the day- although I regretted it!

It's days like this that you really need to remember what is special to you. Not only that, but you need to remember what makes you smile. This picture, for example. My bestie Kelly and I stumbled upon this sign while driving around lost in Valrico, FL. How hysterical is this? So hysterical that we actually pulled the car over and modeled with it. No joke.

And so this is the topic for the day: remembering what makes you smile. It may be a stupid sign, an inside joke, a good book, a kiss from your true love, a baby putting their sleepy head on your shoulder, or your favorite treat. Some days might require all of the above. But as long as you have these "bad day remedies", you will be alright. : )


You know it's a bad day when you put your bra on backwards and it fits better. ~Unknown




1 comment:

  1. You are right

    " All it takes is .... One muscle to smile "

    ReplyDelete