Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 2: Something You Love About Yourself

As opposed to yesterday, I'm writing about what I LOVE about myself. We, as a society, seem to avoid loving our selves. As if saying, "I'm good at this" or "I can do that" it insinuates that we're overly confident, cocky, self absorbed. But then, as I watch Nick Jr. w/ Monkey, they are constantly teaching confidence, individuality, etc. So if we're taught that from birth...where does it go? Because even just me writing this post, I'm hoping no one thinks I'm tooting my own horn too much.

ME: I love my sense of humor. I think it sometimes weirds people out, because I'm very Chandler Bing with it; if I'm uncomfortable, nervous, or the like, I make a joke. It isn't that I cannot take anything seriously. But its something comfortable with; and when I make someone laugh, there's a bit of me that calms down, and thinks, "Okay, I can handle this situation". On the flip side, I love to laugh. If someone can make me laugh, I'm instantly attracted to them. Not in a romantic way-- just in general. I want to be around people that can make me laugh, and people who laugh at me just as much. ; )

Laughter IS the best medicine, you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment