Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 10: Someone You Need To Let Go

Some people just haunt you. For whatever reason, they stick in your mind like a shoe in bubble gum. They do you no good; they keep you from fully moving on to any potential greatness. They are that piece of plastic that sticks to you due to static, and no matter how you dance and shake, they still stay stuck.

It isn't your fault, right? You've done your part. You've cried, you've yelled, you've lost sleep, you've dreamed of them, you've written letters to vent all your emotions, you've thrown out all your material memories-- cards, letters, pictures-- what more can the universe ask? Even when you're happy, even when you've seemingly moved on, have a family, have a new love, and are now a million miles away from where you once were...they still find you. In the dark of night, in that quiet moment, in that song you used to sing to one another, in that car he used to drive. In reality, the past really is all around us.

This all points back to my earlier theory. Yes, my heart was broken by a man. Yes, it hurt, and you know what- sometimes it still does. You see or feel a scar and it immediately returns you to that moment in which the injury occured. However, I can either mope around about this, feel sorry for myself, torture myself, even perhaps convince myself that someday we will meet again-- and then, BOY, won't he be sorry!-- or...I can just let it be. I can let the pain roll over me like a wave, learn and grow from it, and let it be on its way. I can open my eyes to what lays in front of me. I can see all that I have now.

And GOD, that's a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment