Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fishie Face

Remember that movie, My Girl? And the part she goes to the carnival and wins the goldfish?

That apparently happens in real life, too. :)

See, the county fair is going on here in our little town- and if you've ever been to or lived in a small western town, you'll know that co
unty fairs are THE social event of pretty much the year. It's a little ridiculous. Anyway, we took Monkey yesterday for some good down home fun. We saw lots of exhibits, lots of cute animals (It took Monkey 15 minutes to pet a damn cow...he is scared of the most random things!), and Monkey rode lots of rides!

But the highlight was at the very end of our trip...we decided to play one game (to take Monkey's mind off the fact that we were indeed done with rides). The lady at the booth said we could get 30 balls for $5 and that she could "guarantee" us a goldfish.

You are familiar with this game, right?? Where you have to get the ping pong ball in the little glass vases filled with something that resem
bles Easter grass...it looks impossible. It really does. But guess what? My sporty three year old made one!

But here's the real kick. Sometime in the middle while he was throwing, his daddy handed me a ball and said, "Let's have Mommy try". I'm standing, I'm holding his balloon, and my phone from taking pictures, and not really even thinking about it. I toss the ball...and it goes right into a damn cup.


The goods, and the proud winner. :)

Are
. You. Kidding.

So...now we have two goldfish. It's the next day and
they are still alive. Amazing! After I invested 20 whole dollars in getting them a bowl and food and rocks and some fake grass to swim around, I assumed they'd die in a heartbeat. Maybe they're tougher than they look.

Maybe they're waiting until we name them. :) What, am I being negative???

3 comments:

  1. I love that movie! Your county fair reminds me of that movie Steel Magnolias, love that movie too! Anywhoodle we have a county fair too it's just a lot of crazy things being fried and a lot of elbow throwing lol I stay away! Congrats on your fishies =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Oh my gosh...VERY Steel Magnolias. Our town is a bit like the one in Sweet Home Alabama...complete w/ the occasional baby in the bar. SERIOUSLY. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so hilarious!
    I'm just going to read this when I'm sad, you make me laugh.
    keep it up

    ReplyDelete