Saturday, March 27, 2010

Yet Another Tidbit

 

The other evening, when the Hubs was still at work, I was rocking the Monkey as he had his goodnight milk. He was making this little tiny sweet grunting noises as he drank, and it reminded me of when he was a newborn and I was breast feeding.

*Okay, time out. This isn’t going to be gross. I promise. I’m actually one of those people that has very little maturity, and I still giggle at names of certain body parts. So don’t be afraid to read on. Time in!*

It just brought back memories of when Monkey was tiny and brand new. There’s just something about that time as a mom- probably as a dad, too, but how would I know?- that is just…magical. Special. And I only breastfed for maybe two months- long story short, while its extremely important and good for your baby, its also, frankly, a pain in the butt! Or the boob, rather- it was quite gratifying knowing that your newborn depended on YOU still. Once they leave your belly, they become everyone’s, not just yours. And while you want to show them off, let everyone have the chance to love and adore them, you also feel that tinge of sadness that you have to now share.

Alright, is that a lot to get from a little kid grunt? Probably. But this is what motherhood does to you. It makes you crazy, in the best possible way. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment