Monday, September 6, 2010

My Top Ten Fall Loves

If you've followed this blog for awhile now, you probably remember how obsessive I am about the holidays. Well, guess what folks? It's September 6th, Labor Day, and that means the end of summer and the beginning of another holiday season!!!

Can I get a woot-woot? No? Not even a little..."yay!"

Well, fine. Be mopey that summer is over. I suppose if I didn't live in sunny, humid, hot as hello Florida, I would be a little sad to see summer go too. My reality is that fall will most likely remain sunny and hot, which only makes my senses further insist that YES, it IS fall, dammit! It is my excuse to just go slightly over board. : )

And so, without further adieu, I present my top ten favorite things about Autumn. Enjoy!


1. Crunching, falling, changing color leaves.

2. Pumpkin flavored anything. Coffee, pancakes, bread, pie, cookies (pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips...I know they sound strange, but oooh baby...), you name it, I love it.

3. That perfect fall day. I used to LOVE them in Montana. That day where the sky is gorgeously clear and blue, the sun is shining but there's still that tiny chill in the air...most likely you are on your way to a high school football game and afterwards you'll end up at the bonfire...THAT day. Ah.

4. Carmel-apple spice from Starbucks. Delish.

5. Pumpkins. Not to be confused with number 2. This is about the decor of pumpkins. We all remember the infamous pictures of Monkey running around the pumpkin patch last year? I cannot wait to relive that. : )

6. Family. Not to say that you spend only this time of year w/ the fam, but there's just more...emphasis. This is the time of year for traditions, and traditions usually involve family- God given or the people you've claimed along the road of life.

7. My holiday wreath. This is the time of year it comes out, and then unfortunately I usually end up shoving it away in our huge hodge-podge closet after New Year's. For some reason covering it with hearts or bunnies or even American flags just doesn't do anything for me. But fake leaves or ribbon w/ snowflakes? I will buy OUT the Dollar Tree for that crap.

8. Halloween. I am afraid of everything under the sun, but there's something adorable about little kids- LITTLE kids, not your little brother running around in a Freddy mask and a pillowcase- dressed up as princesses, pirates, witches, ghosts. I love the idea of those cute little neighborhoods where everyone knows everyone and is all, "OH, let's go to the Johnson's next! They always have the best candy!" Alright, fine, so I like how Halloween was in the 1950s. ; )

9. THANKSGIVING. The parade, the football games, the food. God, the FOOOOOOD. Not only on Turkey day, but the day after...leftover turkey sandwiches are something magical.

10. FOOTBALL, baby. I love it. I love college (GO Montana Grizzlies!!), I love pro (Go Bucs....ahem...please do better this year...), I love fantasy. It is my favorite sport, and by seeing it back on TV, I know that it is also ushering in the beginnings of my favorite time of year. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment