Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What's Shakin', Bacon*? (*This post has nothing to do with bacon. Sorry to disappoint)

- I have today off, because I have to work on Saturday. Boo to that.

- I have to get busy cleaning my house today, since it IS my day off. Why,
you ask? Aside from the fact that cleaning your house occasionally
is the normal thing to do...MOM is going to be here on SUNDAY.
Just in time for fireworks. : ) Yay!

- I am fighting the lingering feeling of a cold. Who gets colds in the
middle of the effing summer? Apparently, that's me.

- The Monkey has morphed into a terrible two. Everything is no.
I could ask him if he wanted to move into the castle at Magic
Kingdom, or offer him cookies and ice cream for dinner, he
would say no. Crazy.

- I ordered new coffee for my Keurig, and it won't be here until Friday.
Auuuugh...

- I had a giant empty glass vase, so yesterday I got plastic lemons and some
green glass stones to put in it. I wanted it to look cool- it kind of looks
ridiculous. I can't really figure out why though. Guess I'm not
meant to be fancy with fake lemons. I suppose it was a silly dream,
to have one pretentious thing. ; )

- Hubby has started a battle with a nerf gun. We have a set of "guns"- okay,
there's no " ", they are guns and they even look like real guns- that shoot
nerf bullets- he's been randomly catching me off guard and shooting me
with it. Including while I was in the shower. At night. Home alone except for
the Monkey, who was asleep. It was heart attack ensuing. So, now we
have a battle of who can catch who off guard the most. Its
what marriage is all about, right? True love.

- It is hot. I know it's summer, and I know I live in Florida, but my GOD in
sweet heaven, it is hot. Mid 90s, every day. And humidity. How I haven't
melted, I don't know. Speaking of melting, I accidentally left my cup with my
crazy straw in it in my car. Can you guess where the melting becomes
the tie-in? My crazy straw is no longer crazy. It's just sad.

- I'm watching Wag the Dog right now. I watched half of it when it came out-
I was about 13 then and it didn't make a lot of sense. Now I am old enough
to appreciate it. The same thing goes for Seinfeld. I didn't get that show at
all when it was on, because I was just a kid. Now, I find it hilarious.
Its all about perspective, huh kids?

- I'm making cupcakes tomorrow for Monkey's last day at his current daycare.
He's moving to one closer to home. I even got a fancy cupcake tote to
transport them. How cool am I? ; )

- Our 2nd anniversary is on July 5th (don't worry, we won't let the nerf
gun battle get in the way of things). This morning, Hubby announced
he knew what he wanted to do for me for our anniversary.
And then that was it. Oh, and that it was going to make me "cooler". I said,
"I don't think I can get any cooler" (haha), and he said "No, cooler like
temperature". Well, in that case, yeah, I could get cooler. But we have A/C already,
so I'm not sure what he's cooking up.


Well, house cleaning is calling my name. Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment