Saturday, June 12, 2010

Upcoming Events

I've got a few things on deck in the nearing future....

- Due to "things on deck", we are celebrating Father's Day tomorrow. I've got a surprise present for hubby that got delivered on Friday. Since he was off on Friday, I was worried that he would intercept it accidentally. I had this big goal-dream that I could pull a surprise off and seem impossibly smooth and clever. So...

*Phone call to Hubby*

Savvy: "Please do me a favor, and don't touch anything on the porch."
Hubby: "Anything?"
Savvy: "Anything."
Hubby: "What if there's a dead body?"
Savvy: "I'll take care of it."
Hubby: "What if there's a giant pile of poop?"
Savvy: "I'll take care of it."
Hubby: "Wow. Uh, why didn't you just tell me to park in the garage and come in the back way?"

...Because THAT wouldn't be nearly as fun, and I wouldn't have a ridiculous story to blog about, proving that no matter what, I cannot be smooth. Or clever. *sigh*

Anyway, it's alright, because he wouldn't ever guess what it is. Do you want to know?

...well, too bad! Like I'd put a super surprise secret out on the Internet! You'll just have to wait like he has to. I know, its tough. : )

So. Tomorrow is our Father's Day. Not to be confused with everyone else's Father's Day. Don't send yourself into a panic. You've still got a week.

NOW, the reason we're having Father's Day a week early is because Monkey is going to Grandma's house for the weekend. The whole weekend! Its her birthday on Saturday, so they are sharing the weekend together. Since he's going to be busy, I decided this would be the perfect weekend to go have a little girls weekend with two of my best girls! SO we are going to St. Augustine for the weekend! I'm definitely looking forward to a weekend of relaxing, drinking, soaking up sun, and a little shopping. Yay!

There you have it. My few new things on the horizon. I know this week will probably feel like it lasts a month or so, but I'm still excited.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment