Monday, May 31, 2010

Play Day

So yesterday was supposed to be a day of just the three of us: the hubby, myself, and the Monkey. We had all sorts of plans: go to the playground, go swimming, go grocery shopping, then a bowling party for Hubs' work.

Well....

After breakfast we did go to the playground. Monkey had a grand time climbing all over the jungle gym, going down the slides, and being pushed on the swing. I liked swinging, too! : ) Its funny how something so simple takes you back and makes you feel a little younger- and also, a little older, since afterwards I was actually winded from kicking to swing higher. What the heck?






Afterwards, we loaded Monkey back up in the car (which was a struggle, since he always acts like leaving the playground is the end of the universe as he knows it) and took him home for a nap. He was out before we even made it home, which wasn't surprising. Since he was napping, I thought I would take a nap too.

*******

Five hours later.......


Seriously. Five hours. I slept for FIVE HOURS. That's more sleep that I sometimes even get at night! I couldn't believe it. And I felt guilty because here we were, on Family Day, and I had slept through it. *pout* The Hubs didn't seem too upset about it, and we did go to dinner together (the bowling party got postponed..), but...yeesh. I think that's my problem w/ three day weekends- I think I have ALL this spare time, when really it goes about ten times as fast as any normal time. How unfair is that??


Look for a future entry about girl's night out for Sex And The City.......the movie was a disappointment, but the fun times weren't! : ) I'm just waiting for pics, since I was a total dolt and forgot my camera.

Happy Memorial Weekend, all! Take a moment to remember what its all about. ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment