Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Grown Ups Need Fun Too!

I am still alive. I know I randomly disappear. I just get distracted/busy/lazy. None of those are acceptable excuses, since the whole reason I started this blog was to keep myself writing.

Anyway.......

Last Friday I took a day off to spend with the hubs. You know how life just can get in the way? We were in that funk. Life was separating us. Our schedules are so backwards, that it g
ot to the point where I said "enough" and took a day from work to just be with him.

We ended up taking Monkey to daycare, and then went to Downtown Disney. We spent the whole day there and had a blast!

We went up in the giant helium balloon, Characters In Flight, which was AWESOME....







We had ice cream at Ghiredelli, we perused and shopped a bit.....




....we walked a lot and sweat quite a bit (whew, it was HOT! About 90), we smoked cigars, AND we went to happy hour at House of Blues.




It was a great day. Sometimes you just need a break from reality. Sometimes just a day brings you back to where you were and who you are. From there, the future seems all the more brighter.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a much needed day with hubs! I couldn't agree more sometimes life keeps us apart and we have to take a timeout and get that lovin feelin back =D and so jealous your downtown Disney is much nicer than mine =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! But I hear your Space Mountain is much better than ours. : ) Also, they've closed down all of Pleasure Island, which was were all the clubs were! I don't know what they're going to put in instead, I guess more shops and restaurants?! Kinda weird. Not that I'm a diehard clubbin' girl anyway....ha!

    ReplyDelete