Saturday, April 3, 2010

Clash.....ish

Monkey was having a slumber party at his grandma and papa's, and so the BFF and I went to see Clash of the Titans.

Eh.

I am not a film critic, even though I love movies. In fact, more often than not, I like movies that the critics hate. And, really, it doesn't take much for me to be entertained. I know all this about myself, I admit it- hell, I embrace it.

All that said, I don't think I should be bored during a film that is a supposed epic. There is no excuse for it. What happened?? When you have a crazy awesome story, Liam Neeson as flippin' ZEUS, and cute little Sam Worthington- that guy you might have seen in a little flick called, uh, AVATAR-, and endless amazing movie technology that we have nowadays....you better freakin' give me something good. But I was left wanting. And especially when its a remake- you need to make it BETTER. Not worse, or even the same. Better. Otherwise its just unnecessary.

I'm worried that this whole 3-D business is going to ruin movies. I get that its cool, I get that we all like feeling like we're right in the middle of the action, etc. However, I do not think a storyline can be sacrificed just because your film is in 3-D. Both need to be done correctly. And really, if I'm going to pay nine, ten, even twelve bucks to see your movie, its my right as a consumer to see a quality film. No?

That said, it wasn't the worst film ever. I was still semi-entertained. But I would have liked more character connections, more storyline, more EMOTION. The BFF said that the film needed a woman's touch- it was lots of fighting, no emotional draw. When men died, we just left 'em in the dust. No one cared, because no one remembered one from the other.

In the end, it was still a good night. Its always nice to be out and go to the theater and just be a girl in the world for awhile, instead of Mama-mode. : ) And that I'm thankful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment