Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ye-haw!

Today, the hubs and I took the Monkey to the county fair. I’d never been to a fair outside of Montana, so I was interested to see if things were done differently here in Florida.

They aren’t.

The animals are still cute (although it being the last day, there weren’t many left). The food was junky and delicious. The people were interesting. At one point the hubs leaned over and said to me in a low voice, "Why to I hear dueling banjos in my head?"

Okay, so that’s a tad judgmental. But really. Interesting. I saw a lady wearing a belt that was lined with fake bullets. Huh?

Still, it was a great day. Monkey got to be team captain for a barnyard animal race, which meant he got to hold the team’s flag. His team won, so he got a checkered flag to keep for his very own! And the hubs won a red stuffed puppy by breaking three balloons with arrows. I didn’t win anything, but I did carry all of the winnings. ; ) What are moms for?




We didn’t go on any rides; Monkey is still a little too small for most of them. Maybe next year. Still, it was a good day, and we were all quite tuckered at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment