Monday, December 13, 2010

Part of His Charm

Hubby would do no good under torture. He'd have every dirty little secret out before you could even pinch him. Poor thing.

First off, he cannot keep a secret. He accidentally slipped and told me that he knew about the big secret I had been keeping- that his mother was coming out here for Christmas. I mean, that's pitiful. Second, I never get to open my presents from him on Christmas. It's always a week or two before. It's as though he purchases them, and then races home like Charlie and his golden ticket, just to spill the beans and force me to open it right away.

Not that "forcing" me to open a present is difficult. Hello!

This year was no exception. I got my Christmas present on Friday. A beautiful white sapphire ring. It's just the right size, right amount of shine and sparkle. The boy's got good taste. And he got a heck of a deal on it, which is even better since we aren't exactly high-rollin' it these days. His excuse was that he wanted to "re-create" the night he proposed to me 3 years ago- the first time he had a ring he was supposed to keep until Christmas day. :) Alright, a pretty gosh darn good excuse.

Does anyone else have a problem keeping secrets? Or presents until Christmas day?

No comments:

Post a Comment